Monday, June 21, 2010

Heartbeat Warefare

Spitting razor blades,
I choke on your words.
Withdrawing my troops
A white flag of relief.

Only momentary.

Hellfire and brimstone spill
Through my tempest poisoned lips
Stained
With the blood of experience.

A fuze,
Lit and burning,
Pouring turpentine
Onto faded photographs.

Feeding the fires.

Traitors, liars, cheats
And all their gelded hearts,
Vain hopes, mistruths.
Are there really diamonds
In this smutty coal mine?

Your once crystal eyes,
Oceans of blue,
Form violent hurricanes,
Destroying
The coastlines
And watching me
Run
For safety.

You bruised my skin.
Inside me, stagnancy.
Your eyes speak
Cold contempt
With misjudged jealousy.

I pled
My innocence of heart.
Judged on accusations;
Never Truths.
Incriminations
On leaping
From beds and hearts,
Holding hands with indifference.

My protections.

You judged against
My swaddled crucifix.
Hypocrisy?
Not guilty.

You decided
To believe your own lies.
Never statistic, facts, or truth.
Then you engulfed your coastlines,
Controlling me through guilt,
And encaging my will.

Until opportunity strikes.
My razor-sharp tongue
Strikes through the chains.
But your serpent song
Slithers through my
Apple-core heart.

Spilling my viscera
Through my crimson
Blood stained shirt.
Darkened with each
Palpitation
Of my quavering heart.

To think of death is a laugh;
More of a shame
As I never quit
This battlefield of love.
No matter the injuries.

It's never a casualty;
Just stagnancy of heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment