Friday, November 25, 2011

Shipwreck

I lay stagnant
As the sands spill over me.
Waves crash against my face.

A savior.
My sails gently set adrift by the
Touch of the wind.
The boat rocks
But I am still.
The warm lips of the sun
Caress
Every inch of my body.
But I am cold.

Longing, Waiting.
I'll never know
How long I've been away.
How far from shore am I?

Pointless to search.
Pointless to answer.

My oars were taken away.
Stolen.
Yet I will remain,
Stagnant
As the shoreline beckons me
Onwards.

But I cannot answer the call.

Speechless, in ruin.
I may never sail again
But I still dream
Of distant soils
To burry my feet.

But a part of this ocean
Calls me further away.
I can escape,
But from what am I escaping?
Where is home
If this is all I've ever known.

I may never find a home
Between sand and tides.
But I will continue
My search
If it takes my whole life.

2 comments:

  1. This is something I found in my desk, written on a scrap of paper. I figured I should post it so I could throw away the paper. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha nice, well I'm glad you posted it, you know how I love the sea... :)
    I particularly like the impact of the lines "I'll never know/ how long I've been away" but I think you can take out the next line, or separate them by a stanza break. I think that line can ring truer as the end of the stanza.

    ReplyDelete