Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Laura

     I dreamt it was winter
and you were a wind.

         your feet
and the palms of your hands
     were iced of blood,
   scarred and thin,
       so you buried your fingers
in the fur of my beard
     and warmed your cool
            wet lips
   against  my
desert dweller's tongue.

My bed was freezing over,
     so you climbed in after me
and for the first time
       I slept,
     and then you brought
                 the morning ,
and your eyes sang to the birds.

My heart slowed and yours sped
and we met in the spring,
   and the blackbirds stole
our hair from the pillow

to warm their blue eggs,
                 as freckled as your nose
       or my eyes.

   I dreamt of a fox with sad eyes,
           and a smirking cat.

I dreamt of a wolf and a lioness
           at once,

and so many times
      I met you
        in the morning.        

No comments:

Post a Comment